Range Safety Officer | Weekend
General Description / Purpose:
• Enforce range rules & standard operating procedures.
• Ensure range safety for all customers, employees, and visitors
• Identify patrons creating hazardous shooting conditions and swiftly correct/cease any behavior that may result in a safety
• Have a general knowledge of firearms, operation, laws and safety procedures
• Knowledge and ability to verbally assist in clearing basic malfunctions while on the range
• Ensure the range, equipment and conditions are safe and functional
• Assist in opening & closing of range
• Maintain cleanliness and organization of shooting range
• Other duties as assigned by management or range master
• Weekend RSO | Saturday - Sunday: Normal business hours: 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m.
• Part-time, estimated less than 30 hours per week
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• NRA range safety officer certification. (Will assist in becoming certified)
Essential Knowledge, Skills, & Education:
• Self-motivated & ability to multi-task
• Basic public speaking skills & good verbal/written communication
• Great Customer Service and organizational skills.
• Must be alert, sharp, decisive, and tactful with confrontation
• Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with others.
• High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information.
• Military and/or law enforcement experience, a plus
Physical Job Requirements:
• Stand and perform job functions for a full shift with meal break.
• Physically able to stand, bend, stoop, kneel, reach, twist, lift, push, pull, climb, balance, crouch, handle, carry and move
items up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
• Visual acuity corrected to perform job functions. Ability to distinguish color to perform job functions.
• Ability to hear & respond appropriately to facilitate commands.
• Range Safety - 1 year (Preferred)