youth age restrictions
LGR Youth Shooting Policy
Anyone under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
to use / possess a firearm at all times while at the Linden Gun Range.
California Law States
Sales, Transfers and Loans of Firearms to Minors -
Generally, it is illegal to sell, loan or transfer any firearm to a person under 18 years of age, or to sell a handgun to a person under 21 years of age . (Pen . Code, § 27505 .)
Possession of a Handgun or Live Ammunition by Minors -
It is unlawful for a minor to possess a handgun unless one of the following circumstances exist:
• The minor is accompanied by his or her parent or legal guardian and the minor is actively engaged in a lawful recreational sporting, ranching or hunting activity, or a motion picture, television or other entertainment event;
• The minor is accompanied by a responsible adult and has prior written consent of his or her parent or legal guardian and is involved in one of the activities cited above; or
• The minor is at least 16 years of age, has prior written consent of his or her parent or legal guardian, and the minor is involved in one of the activities cited above . (Pen . Code, §§ 29610, 29615 .)
It is unlawful for a minor to possess live ammunition unless one of the following circumstances exist:
• The minor has the written consent of a parent or legal guardian to possess live ammunition;
• The minor is accompanied by a parent or legal guardian; or
• The minor is actively engaged in, or is going to or from, a lawful, recreational sport, including, competitive shooting, or agricultural, ranching, or hunting activity . (Pen . Code, §§ 29650, 29655 .)
CHILDREN (7 & under): FREE entry with paying parent / legal guardian adult entry.
YOUTH SHOOTER (8 - 17 years of age): $17 entry with paying parent / legal guardian adult entry.
YOUTH SPECTATOR (8 - 17 years of age): $5 with paying parent / legal guardian adult entry.
All youth shooters (17 and younger) MUST be accompanied by an adult at a 1:1 ratio. Adult may not shoot while the minor is shooting.
All youth shooters / youth spectators must have YOUTH LIABILITY WAIVER completed by a parent / legal guardian prior to range access.
Youth must be supervised and share a bench / stall with a parent or legal guardian.
PARENT / LEGAL GUARDIAN MUST BE A PAYING SHOOTER.
Due to bench / stall construction, youth must be tall enough to safely shoot over the bench / stall.
Minors must be accompanied at all times while on the facility.
All youth shooters will be evaluated by a Range Safety Officer to ensure safe handling and discharge of firearm(s) are met. Caliber allowances subject to change based upon RSO's interpretation of whether the youth shooter can safely handle that caliber.
A youth’s privilege to shoot at LGR may be revoked at any time should a violation of our safety rules,
range regulations, and / or code of conduct / ethics is violated.
1) TREAT ALL FIREARMS AS IF THEY ARE LOADED
2) NEVER POINT THE MUZZLE AT ANYTHING YOU AREN'T WILLING TO DESTROY
3) KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON TARGET
4) KNOW YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT.
Chamber flags are required to be in place when your firearm is not being used and / or when any person is downrange during ceasefire. If you do not have a chamber flag, they are available for purchase in the range office.
During ceasefire, handling of any firearm on the firing line is strictly prohibited.
Anyone violating this policy will be asked to leave with no refund.